Followers

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Another Black Elephant

Here's another of the splendid aciiiid elephants. This one appears to be being wrestled down into the earth by man-eating vines. Despite that, the crewmen have piled onto it in larger than normal numbers as if it was the last elephant out of Saigon. These elephants remind me that somebody once told me that they wargamed back in the 1970s with someone whose Napoleonic army was commanded by a fuzzy wuzzy mounted on an elephant and painted in metalic colours to resemble glam-rock legend Marc Bolan...I think I may need a lie down.

4 comments:

  1. Love the elephant but love the Marc Bolan story even more.I wish I had seen that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My armies included one painted pink and one white...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Harry.
    Good to have the maestro of the metaphor back blogging.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Lord - I think Nelly has eaten something that disagrees with her.

    ReplyDelete